"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Sunday, August 27, 2017

Vintage Linens

It has been ages since I posted photos of vintage linens here; in fact without looking back, I think the last time was when I inherited several boxes of linens from my friend Denise who died last year.
Since then I have been given some more, but even though I wash and press them within days of getting any, it can be months before I get around to photographing them!  Here are some doilies that I was given recently:







There are more from the same lady, but I will post them in the next day or so - the crocheted and lace doilies.  There are also tablecloths and teatowels, still to be photographed.
While on the subject of doilies, I have finally made a start on the doiley quilt for the Olivia Newton-John Centre.  I bought the background fabric last week at The Quilt Shop, and cut it into blocks, then started pinning doilies on to the blocks ready to hand sew.  I think it is going to be rather lovely!

2 comments:

DbrhH. said...

So many and so pretty. Am envious.

Wendy said...

Oh, my what lovelies you get to play with! These would be so beautiful in a quilt. I do hope you plan to make one for yourself as well.