"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Tuesday, November 08, 2016

Rabbit cushion finished.

I think my friend will be pleased with this cushion.  I'm glad I got two lots of this fabric, as I fancy a couple of cushions like this on our couch!

Remember the odd medieval design fabric I pulled out of my stash a few weeks ago, after I was inspired by a table runner that I saw on Pinterest?  I happened to have just the right coloured fabrics in my stash to add some borders and make up a runner in a similar style.
This is a closeup of the fabric so you can see the detail, and understand why I chose the deep pink and blue solids for the borders - it matches the clothes worn by most of the people in the pictures.



Here is what I have done so far.  Now I need to decide whether to add another border, or simply quilt and bind it as is.  What do you think?   Hmmm,. now I see it on my screen, I am thinking I should have done this a bit differently.  I should have used the pink right around the picture fabric as well as the centre and sides, and added the blue as a complete border.  Might have to do some unpicking here!

2 comments:

Jane said...

I always find you can see things better in photos. Love the rabbit cushion

Stephanie said...

You have certainly been a busy little sewing bee :) I just love your creations, dear Gina. The pillow is darling.

Happy weekend, my friend! And happy sewing!