"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

"Making The Australian Quilt" exhibition.

So many exhibitions come and go, and I miss out on them by procrastinating about when to go, but I was determined not to miss this one of a kind exhibition at Federation Square in Melbourne.  So I asked my dear friend Sharon if she would like to go (silly question - of course she did!), and we drove in last Tuesday 18th October.  We spent nearly three hours looking at the quilts, then had some lunch, and visited the gallery bookshop to buy a copy of the book about the exhibition.

We both took heaps of photos, but I haven't got around to doing anything with mine, as to be honest, there are just too many, and I don't know where to start.   I was impressed by the write up that Linda Steele posted on her blog about the exhibition, so rather than duplicate her, I am inviting my readers to visit Linda's lovely blog and have a look at the photos and description.   She knows a lot more about the subject than me, so  it is very worthwhile reading.
https://lindasteelequilts.blogspot.com.au/2016/10/making-australian-quilt-exhibition.html

1 comment:

Linda Steele said...

Thanks for the link Gina. I was hoping that you would get to the exhibition because I knew you would appreciate the old historic quilts because of your love of old linens.