"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Tuesday, February 09, 2016

Still in chook mode.

I have made a few changes to my No Eggs Today wall hanger.   I decided to add a thin black border after I'd quilted the back and wadding to the front, instead of doing the envelope finish.  Someone had suggested adding a border of lace to the stitchery, so after playing with various laces from my stash, I decided to use a red and white trim.  It still has to be hand sewn on, and I think it looks rather sweet.


I started the runner below on a whim after I saw a similar styled runner on Pinterest, with a chook print surrounded by chicken wire print fabric.  I received the panel from a friend in France, and I didn't have enough of the chicken wire fabric, so I bordered the centre section with black, and added a red gingham border, and will use a plain red for the binding.



1 comment:

Jane said...

what great fabric to go with the chooks