"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Monday, February 16, 2015

Vic. centenary doiley.

The ladies in our Brotherhood Opshop are so thoughtful.  Even though I no longer work there regularly, but am on call as a back up, the ladies who know I collect vintage linens will put any interesting pieces aside for me if they turn up in a donation.  This morning I filled in for one of the regulars, and when I arrived, I was handed a little plastic bag with my name on.  Inside was this doiley.  I was so pleased!  I have a few different centenary doilies, but had never seen this one with St Kilda Road embroidered on it!
It is in excellent condition, but needs a few more stitches to finish it off which I will do next month when I am on duty at the Embroiderers Guild.


1 comment:

Jane said...

These are so special when they have the dates and places on, you get a real connection with the past