"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Thanks for your comments!

Thank you all for your congrats on my good news! In response to two of the comments left on my previous post, I have some quick replies:
 Sharon, I'm shocked to hear your news, will call you this week.
Linda, I don't think any of the linens were embroidered by my late friend; in the years that I knew her, I don't recall her being involved in crafts.  From what her hubby said I think all these were inherited, or given to them during their married life.

I soaked all the whitework overnight and hung it out this morning.  I also did a load of normal clothes washing and was dismayed to find that once I'd pegged out the linens, there was no more room for the clothes!  So I had to re-peg all the linens to squeeze them up closer, leaving two lines for the clothes.  I forgot to take a photo of them on the line before I brought them inside, so you'll have to wait until I've pressed them and can take a pic of them on the clothes horse.

The last lot of linens to wash are the lace and crochet items.  I don't think I'll be soaking them overnight in Napisan; instead I may soak them for about 10 minutes in Softly, then peg them out to dry for a short while, but bring them in while they are still damp, otherwise they might stretch out of shape.  I guess I shouldn't even peg them out, but I don't have the room to lay them all out on towels to dry, so I'll just have to be careful.

No comments: