"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Lace and crochet washed.

I had washed sheets and towels today, so there was no room on my clothesline for these last lacy items.   I've also got a little mini clothesline which is designed for travelling or people who live in flats I suppose, but I find it handy for rainy days when I can hang out smalls under the shelter of the patio where they will still get wind and any sunshine that might be around.  It is is also useful for the overflow from the regular clothesline!  So that is where I pegged all the delicate items that I'd hand washed.  I did wonder if I was doing the right thing by hanging them in the sun, but I decided it was the perfect way to bleach them back to their pristine whiteness.  The ecru and other non white items weren't damaged at all.




But OMG, look at all the ironing I have to do now...I usually enjoy ironing my linens, but this lot will take a few days, I think!

1 comment:

Linens and Royals said...

All that ironing will be worthwhile when you see these lovely linens back to pristine condition and added to your collection. Sylvia