"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Friday, January 17, 2014

Cross stitch Tiger.

In addition to the linens in the previous post, I had another surprise today.  I received a packet in the mail from my friend Jan in Canada.  She collects scarves, and if I find something in the opshop that I think she might like, I post it over to her.  In turn, when she finds something that I might like (or in this case that I saw on her online shop) she sends it to me. 
This is a tiger worked in cross stitch on black 14ct aida.  It is too big to frame and hang on a wall (we have no more space on our walls anyway!), so I don't know what I'll do with it yet.  Perhaps a cushion, but I wouldn't want our little tigers (cats) to start kneading and clawing it, so I'll have to think about it a bit more.  Any suggestions?

3 comments:

Linens and Royals said...

The centre piece for a quilt? Though I suppose the cats would sleep on it. Other than that I am out of ideas. Sylvia

Jane said...

That's quite a size, I'm just thinking about the time it would have taken. Is it too big for a bag front?

Gina E. said...

I thought of that too Sylvia, although not a full bed quilt, but a throw...
I also thought of a bag Jane, but yes it is a bit big for that. As for how long it took, working on the black background would blow my mind!