"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Two new books and a happy friend.

Ken and I drove up to Healesville on Tuesday to have lunch with a friend. Before going to the local RSL for lunch, we stopped at her house for a few minutes, and I presented her with one of my Christmas patchwork mats (the second one in the previous post). She was delighted with it, and immediately moved something else from the centre of her kitchen island bench to put the mat there!
After we'd had lunch, we wandered around the shops in Healesville, and I found two books I'd seen on the internet and had wanted to buy at some time in the future. The future was yesterday!


We also had a quick look in one of the local opshops and I found this gorgeous framed cross stitch for $3.

Of course I couldn't leave it behind. How sad that someone has done this beautifully stitched picture, and it ends up thrown out for a pittance. Well, it hasn't ENDED there now - it is in good hands and will be included in the wall hanging I've been planning for a few years, made up of similar items that I've found in opshops over the years.

5 comments:

Melody said...

So glad you rescued the cross stitch. Lovely books too.

Julia said...

Well done Gina, rescuing that cross stitch. How could anyone part with that lovely is beyond me!

Linens and Royals said...

I always feel sad when I see such expert stitching in an op shop and at such low prices. Sylvia

Wendy said...

Looks like you had a great time Gina. Love the little felt book. The stitchery is well done, so glad you were able to rescue it.

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

I have the cross stitched book in the middle. It is wonderful! Such a lovely stitched piece. I know what you mean. So glad you took it home!