"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Pile of donated fabrics.

Sue, who made 20 quilts and bunny rugs for the PNG Quilt collective, also gave me a huge bag of fabrics to make more quilts. I took two photos because the first one doesn't give the impression of just how much fabric there is, so I piled it all up for the second photo.
In the top right hand corner of both photos is a purple floral piece.  This is actually a pair of flannelette sheets that Sue bought at Savers, to cut up and use as backing for the PNG baby quilts.  What a super idea!!  Opshops often get winter sheets donated, and when they are washed and pressed, they can be cut up to the size required and made perfect backing for quilts, being soft.  So much cheaper than buying flannelette by the metre from one of the fabric shops.
If you are reading this and would like to make up some quilts but don't have the fabric on hand, just email me, as I will never use all this myself (I've got enough of my own stash) and will be very happy to share this around to those who would like to help out with the PNG Quilts.




1 comment:

Sue Niven said...

Very cool pictures, I will pinch them for my blog as I forgot to take pictures before I gave them to you!