"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Saturday, June 08, 2013

Peacocks at the Guild.

I'm happy to report that my presentation today went over without a hitch - the power point set up worked perfectly, my linens looked good displayed on the boards, and I had lots of nice comments.  Best of all, my niece Susan and two bloggy friends were also present - thanks girls!
I didn't have a chance to take detailed pictures of the display, not even one of me with it!  But Mel and Christine took some, and they have promised to post their photos on their respective blogs.
Here are the pictures I took...darn camera, these still look wishy washy...

Below - Christine and Mel on the right, talking to another Guild member.

 A tablecloth draped over the top, Lakshmi's peacock on the right, my CQ block under that, and four versions of one Semco pattern in differerent colourways on the left.

 Small cloth at the top left, pillow slips, and on the lower right a runner.

 Small table cloths at the top, beaded shawl underneath and a runner on the bottom right.

 Table runners (the Americans called some of these  "piano scarves" on their eBay sites), and a cushion cover on the bottom right.

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Your collection looks great hanging out there! I am glad it all went well for you. Hopefully you will get to do this many more times in the future. I have sent you an email my friend.

Linens and Royals said...

Amazing peacock collection you have, I didn't know there was so many peacock embroideries out there. Glad your talk went well, wish I could have been there. Sylvia

Christine M said...

It was lovely catching up with you yesterday Gina. I enjoyed hearing your talk and seeing some more of your gorgeous linens. Hugs, Christine

Melody said...

Just like Christine, I really enjoyed catching up yesterday. Your peacock linens are magnificent.

Jane said...

Glad it all went well, always good to a friendly face

Sharon said...

Sounds like your peacocks went over a treat... Congratulations!!!