"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Wednesday, June 05, 2013

My ginghams on display at The Guild.

Last month, one of the Guild ladies who is responsible for the displays in the Gallery contacted me to ask if I would consent to having some of my linens displayed for the month of June.  Apparently they didn't have enough items to cover all the display boards for June, and didn't want to leave them bare.  E. has seen my collection (well, some of it) and remembered the gingham cloths and aprons with Chicken Scratch embroidery. 

So I took my ginghams along today as I was on volunteer duty, and we pinned them all up on one side of the gallery.  Gosh, it is going to be 'Gina week' there on Saturday!  I'll be pinning up some of my embroidered peacocks on the other side of the room on Saturday for my talk!  But they'll be coming home with me again later in the afternoon.
 Here they are along one wall of the gallery.

And here they are a bit closer: aprons.

 Table cloths.


I don't know what was wrong with my camera today.  These photos looked all washed out, and even though I've tried to fix them with the computer's photo fixing facility, they don't look much better.

7 comments:

Melody said...

I love your gingams and am getting excited about hearing your talk.

Wendy said...

Your lovely aprons and table cloths look so pretty displayed on the boards...wish I live near so I could see them in person...

Catherine said...

Gina your ginghams are wonderful. I like chicken scratch best. Very nice display.

Christine M said...

Your aprons look lovely on display Gina. I'm looking forward to catching up with you on Saturday to listen to your talk.

Liz in Kansas said...

I love gingham. My first projects learning to embroider were on gingham and I've always been a bit fond of that type of apron. Not that I ever wear one! LOL! They make a lovely display and the Gallery is lucky to have you to share.

Linens and Royals said...

Your ginghams make a lovely display Gina. Good luck with your peacock talk on Saturday, wish I could be there. Sylvia

Joanne said...

Lovely, Gina. I'm a big fan of chicken scratch.