"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Another successful talk given.

I'd never been to the Mill Park library before today, and I was very impressed when I arrived to find a large modern building, very spacious inside, with a space already set up for me to give my talk about collecting and preserving vintage linens. It was very wet and cold today, but all the seats were filled for my presentation, and the audience (all middle aged and older ladies) seemed to enjoy my talk and seeing the linens that I brought along.  A staff member operated the projector while I stood at the lecturn and spoke while holding up the linens I brought.

This is what I faced when I was talking - more people wandered in from the back to hear me, once I got going!  Later edit:  Sorry - that was not what I meant!  I did have an audience in those seats!  But more people turned up during my talk.

4 comments:

Melody said...

Oh Gina, so disappointing. They didn't know what they missed.

Liz in Kansas said...

You are getting to be a real pro at speaking engagements. What's next? The Book?

Linens and Royals said...

Gina, I think your fame is spreading and your talks are something so many people are interested in. Also it must be good for your linens to be taken out for an airing. I think you'll have to go on tour. Sylvia

Jane said...

Glad that those who attended it, enjoyed the talk