"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Hungarian Peacock Sampler

Annie over at Annie Bebop's Coloring Book emailed me a few weeks ago to tell me about a Hungarian Peacock Sampler she discovered.  Knowing how much I love Peacocks, she sent me the link to Manka's website for the details.
Manka is providing the PDF file free to those who want to participate in an SAL for this sampler, so I emailed her to request it.  It arrived in my Inbox last night and I didn't waste time in printing off a hard copy, then going through my stash to find a piece of 18ct Aida and some floss.  The pattern suggests using black thread on the white Aida, but I had some beautiful purple stranded cotton which I thought would look nice instead.  Today I started on the border and stitched one Peacock.  I've never participated in an SAL before, so I'm not sure if I'm supposed to do a bit every week, every month, or just report on a regular basis what I've stitched.
I haven't done much cross stitch in the past year or so, having gone mad on patchwork, and I know that once I take delivery of my new sewing machine, I'll be messing around on that!  So I thought it would be fun to at least start this sampler, and if I only have to stitch one peacock a month, I'll be able to keep up with that!


4 comments:

Annie said...

Love the purple thread. Glad I was able to find you something to re-start your x-stitch engine!

Manka said...

Nice colour choice ! Thanks for joining the SAL.

Aussie Stitcher said...

Love it Gina.

Patty said...

Whenever I see something with a peacock, I try to remember who it is that I know that loves peacocks and I can never remember. Don't take it personally -- I don't remember much these days. Anyway, I'm glad you're cross stitching again and I can't wait to see what you make with your new sewing machine. I just wanted to say hello and tell you I still check your apron blog. Have a great day, Gina!