"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Friday, November 16, 2012

Mug Rugs

I've got a ' to do' list as long as the proverbial arm, but have been so tired lately, the thought of measuring and cutting out fabrics for a quilt top leaves me cold. I feel that I'm letting people down, as I did commit myself to several people, but it's no use trying to do something when I don't feel up to doing it, as I will just make a mess. But to keep myself crafting in a small way, I made two mug rugs. One for an American lady who is doing a little Tatting project for me. I made one side of the mug rug with Australian icons fabric, and the other side with farmyard animals fabric, as she had admired one of my chooks patchworks.








The other mug rug is for a friend's son. My friend G. is an American married to an Aussie, and she has one son back in the USA who stayed with his father when G came here to live. They have always enjoyed a close relationship, and G loves to send him all kinds of Australian stuff, as well as other things that she finds. She found a coffee mug to send him for his birthday, and I offered to make her a rug for her son to put it on. She was delighted, and when I asked what he likes, she said "Dogs", so this is what I came up with:




No comments: