"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Friday, November 02, 2012

Message to my American friends.

I've been having a look at some of the American blogs I visit, and so far nobody has mentioned Hurricane Sandy, so I'm hoping that means you are all okay.  I know that many of my American readers don't live anywhere near the USA east coast, but nevertheless, the devastating consquences of that storm will have far reaching effects, so I ask those of you in the States to leave a comment here if you can, so I know my cyberspace buddies are okay.

I had a little spend up today while I was at the Guild.  I went across the road to the Lincraft Store looking for a storage box for machine threads.  They didn't have one, but they did have some nice Christmas fabric, and I also found a nifty little item I'd been looking for.   The suction holds the handle to quilting rulers so if the rotary cutter slips, it reduces the chances of your fingers being sliced off.  I've had a couple of near misses!

 I must have had the camera on the wrong setting - these colours aren't right, and it looks blurred.  The fabric is much nicer than what it looks here.


Then I dropped into the opshop next door, and found this charming little tray cloth for $3.  I might not have bothered buying it as I have dozens just like it, but none with an edge of tatting!  Really sets it off.


5 comments:

Annie said...

Sandy left its mark on the DC metro area, but not in the same ballpark as what happened farther north .

We had our share of power outages, property damage, localized flooding, city shut down for a couple of days. Many are still recovering. I'm pretty lucky... only a little floor tile damage from water seeping in the balcony doors. But my power held. At least the weather is nicer now... 70MPH winds and torrential rain is really no fun.

Pretty stuff you're showing there. Love that suction tool!

Jane said...

Glad to see Annie is ok

That is a lovely edge, well worth getting

Catherine said...

Hi Gina,

My family is on the coast in Pennsylvania. My niece had a lot of wind and rain. No damage to her home. The city of Philadelphia according to my niece had lots of wind and flood damage. My sister`s town was flooded, they are okay with no damage to their home. Her home is about 300 years old and it stood up to the wind! My brother in law lives not too far from Canada in northern New York State. Last I heard it was snowing there. As for me, our desert weather is fabulous.

So, my family is safe. Thank you so much for asking.

Gina E. said...

I've had some emails as well as these comments from Annie and Cathy - great to hear they are all safe.

Lakshmi said...

Lovely tray towel Gina..
Thank you so much for your kindness!!I was really humbled with your generosity..