"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Small projects.

I had some fabric left over from the Aussie birds quilt top, so I used it to make a table topper or centrepiece, whatever you want to call it.



Whilst sorting through my stash for the right fabric to start another project, I re-discovered some lovely chicken fabric, and decided to throw together some placemats to sell at a Guild fund raising afternoon coming up.  Ken loved these, and was upset to hear that I was donating them for resale!  I had to tell him that there was plenty more of those chooks left and I could whip up more placemats for him later on!
I used up bits and pieces for the borders on these, hence the black borders on the sides of one of the mats.  They are not meant to be a matching set, and I can see I will have to make sure they are labelled separately so people don't start making rude comments about them not matching!
 The back of them is just gingham.

3 comments:

Annie said...

How great is it to have a husband who appreciates your crafting!

Love all your ideas and work with these fabrics. And you're right to anticipate the rude comments and find a way to nip that in the bud!

Jane said...

It goes well with the red and spotted fabric, they make lovely placemats

Catherine said...

Sweet table topper. Your chicken placemats are great. I love chicken, alive, on the plate or decorating placemats. Red and black are one of my favorite color combinations. Nice work Gina!