"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Saturday, September 01, 2012

A new quilt top nearly finished.

I received a heap of Aussie icon fabric to use for quilt tops for Aussie Heroes Quilts, and amidst the mayhem that is my life at the moment, I have put together some of the fabric featuring Australian birds.  All I have to do now is the borders - a border of the same green as the sashing, and an outer border of another colour, probably brown.  Then it will be on the way to Jan Maree to make up into a quilt for one of our Aussie Heroes, who must be feeling depressed since the deaths of five soldiers earlier this week...

3 comments:

Jane said...

That fabric looks good, nice and cheerful

Lakshmi said...

This looks beautiful and it is for a good cause is more beautiful..

Nancy G said...

How lovely!! About 4 years ago I started a 'U.S.A. State Bird and flower' quilt. My first try at embroidery. I did 12 blocks. Joined a tatting group...as the old saying goes...that's all she wrote! lol My sister keeps telling me its like an old friend. It's there, when I am ready to start again. *smile*