"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Wednesday, July 04, 2012

June block for CQ Challenge is completed.

A few days late, but at least it is done. My theme for the June CQ block is Winter, and the ties I used are in colours that I perceive as wintry - black, blue, grey and white. I added a few glass beads to the clouds in the centre, as well as some silver stitching to highlight the water. The Squaw Valley is one of those souvenir
embroidered badges; I found a heap of them in an opshop once, and thought they might come in handy for a craft project one day! This photo is not square, because I scanned the block instead of photographing it, as the detail shows up better with the scan.

2 comments:

Jane said...

All those colours describe our summer!

Gina E. said...

LOL! But surely not so dark and gloomy? I thought English summers were light blue sky and soft sunshine!