"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Sunday, July 01, 2012

Jars of preserves quilt...looking unfinished?

I've been looking at that small quilt I made the other day, and thinking that it looks a bit unfinished without binding.  The front is okay but I'm not happy with the back.  I used the pretty fabric so I could flip it over and use that side if I wanted to, but I think it needs something else.  I used the 'envelope' method of finishing this off - sewing the layers together on three sides while inside out, turning it right side out and hand stitching the fourth side.  If I am going to add a binding, I'll have to unpick the whole lot - is it worth the trouble?
I was going to hand quilt it, but haven't done that yet - just as well!

1 comment:

Joanne said...

What about a different kind of finish- some lace or other edging? Or add a row of prairie points and cover the raw edge with ribbon or braid.