"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Friday, April 20, 2012

Quilt top and CQ block.

Today I finished a single bed quilt cover for Oz Comfort Quilts, and will be posting it to Jan Mac early next week (after I've shown MIL - she loves to see my work). I rather like this one, and I can understand why so many quilters are reluctant to part with their finished projects. But I've got nowhere to keep excess quilts, and I'd rather them to go someone who has a genuine need for a warm rug or quilt in our coming winter months.

I also made up my block for the April CQJP - my theme this month is Autumn. It was hard to select just a few ties from my stash, as there were so many with those Autumn colours.
I had a small furry friend keeping me company under the desk while I was working. He probably tucked himself under there to get out of the way of my feet while I was feeling around for the sewing machine pedal!

3 comments:

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Such a beautiful quilt! I love the colors you chose. What a cute cat!

Jan Mac said...

The quilt is beautiful Gina but more importantly it will warm and comfort someone in need.
Many thanks, Jan Mac

Joy V said...

Lovely quilt Gina. With all you other 'stuff' I can understand you not having room to keep quilts - they are just a tad bit bigger than a piece of linen....