"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Sunday, April 01, 2012

Exhibition of vintage Australian samplers.

Today, Yarra Ranges Regional Museum opened a new exhibition titled "Practice Makes Perfect".  I was invited to the opening because I had lent some of my vintage linens to be shown, and I asked Sharon to join me, as she is one of the few people that I knew would truly appreciate the show.  It is a display of Australian samplers dating from 1850 to the present, some of them never seen in public before.  I took numerous photos, and have posted some of them on my Needlecraft shows blog here

The exhibition is on from 31st March to Sunday 24th June and the museum is free.  It is open six days a week (closed Mondays).  The link to their website above will give you more information.  If you have any interest at all in embroidery, this is a must-see exhibition, as the vintage samplers are fascinating, and the work of embroiderers today is absolutely stunning.

No comments: