"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Monday, March 12, 2012

Framed inchies

 Instead of having my various 'works of art' framed professionally, I buy frames from opshops to have on hand for the purpose of framing the bits and pieces that haven't taken me a long time to do.  If I have taken a lot of time and effort to stitch a big project, it is worth the extra to have it done properly.  But for the inchies, this little $1 frame was just the thing!  They are held simply by one stitch in each corner on  a piece of calico, so if I want to do something better with them, it will be easy to pull it apart. 
I've now got a bag of about 50 un-embellished inchies that will sit gathering dust until I can find a use for them!

3 comments:

Annie said...

Cute idea for changeable displays. Seems like that's a perennial problem for crafters... what to do with all these adorable things we make!

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

I love it! I think framing yourself gives the pieces a personal story!

Sharon said...

What about a CQ Journal piece put together with inchies...