"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Crazy, wonky blocks!

Last night, I worked on two patchwork blocks. The March block for CQJP is complete, ready to be embellished. Ken looked at it and frowned. I don't think he approved of the mish mash of green shades! Men - they just don't get it. Actually, there are a few rare males who do fabulous patchwork and quilting, but Ken probably wouldn't appreciate their work either...

The other block is a Wonky block. There are three versions of this to be done, and I'll get around to doing the Log Cabin and Half Log Cabin blocks eventually. Maybe tonight. This was the last project Leila set for her followers on the Skill Builder Sampler blog, before she had a month's break. Believe it or not, this block is exactly 11 inches square. I've taken two photos on different angles, as each one looks wonky in a different way! My version of Wonky is conservative compared to some, but it was my first attempt at this style of patchwork, and I'm sure to get wonkier with each attempt - LOL!





2 comments:

Doreen G said...

Years ago I made Ebony a quilt from wonky blocks and I loved doing it at the time-so easy.

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Wonderful! I love the patterns and the colors.