"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Friday, October 28, 2011

My linen collection to go on public display next year.

Followers of this blog living in Melbourne may have heard of the historic Bundoora Homestead, but I doubt if interstate and overseas readers will know of it. The Darebin Council own and administer this lovely old home, and they display the council art collection there, as well as other exhibitions from time to time. There is a new annexe added to the original building, where they have other exhibitions during the year. I was talking to the manager last year about my linen collection, and she wasn't interested in exhibiting any of it. But there is a new manager now and she is very interested! They are drawing up a contract for me to agree to show my linens there in August 2012.
I am over the proverbial moon!! How often have I said that I would love to put my collection on show to the public? Now it is going to happen, and I don't have to do anything myself - they have their own team of people who will put up the display. The manager and her assistant will come to our home to see what I have, and between us we will select what to include. I will be there while they organise the display and can put my own ideas forward, but I don't feel qualified to say much. I'll just be happy to see what people think of it when they visit!

10 comments:

Jane said...

Congratulations, it's going to be a special exhibition

Catherine said...

Congratulations1 That`s wonderful!

Sharon said...

Congratulations G - that is beaut news!!!!

Linens and Royals said...

That is so exciting for you Gina and I,m sure by next August you will have even more linen to show.
Some hand embroidered items are works of art and not appreciated enough.

Doreen G said...

Well done Gina--now the world can see what you have been hiding in your place.Lone the napkins with the cards on them...what a find.

Christine said...

Congratulations! That is very exciting.

Liz in Kansas said...

Congratulations. Your collection is very impressive and those Homestead folks will have a job choosing!

Joanne said...

That's wonderful! I'm sure you'll keep us posted as this gets closer. It's a long way off but if I'm able to at the time, I'd love to make the drive to see the exhibition.

Aussie Stitcher said...

Congratulations Gina, that is wonderful news.

Julia said...

Wow Gina, that's fantastic...I wish I could have been there to see it..
Julia ♥