"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

More layouts for opshop finds.

One of my blogger buddies and fellow quilt enthusiasts came over for lunch yesterday. I haven't seen Connie for a while, so it was great to catch up on our news, and share lots of show and tell with our patchwork and quilt projects. I wanted Connie's advice on how I could lay out this opshop finds wall hanging I want to do, and we laid out the embroideries on various pieces of fabric from my stash. A blue background, a blue/green background and a roses 'wallpaper style' background. We agreed the roses didn't work at all, and the blue backgrounds were okay, but neither of us were wildly enthusiastic about any of them. Connie suggested a red background might look good (but not the gingham I had on here on an earlier post), and another blogger suggested to me elsewhere that I should try black and white striped fabric. I think that sounds rather good, so I might lash out and buy a metre of cheap fabric just to see how it looks. In the meantime, I've made two more mug rugs - these are for exchanges. Mine will be coming from New Zealand and country Victoria. Looking forward to adding to my growing collection of these little rugs!
These are the fronts: and here are the backs. Yes I know - one is a bit smaller. Luck of the draw, or should I say of my scrap stash!

2 comments:

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

It all looks lovely........and you know I love the mug rug with the doily! So pretty! blessings,Kathleen

Doreen G said...

You know Gina I rather like the one with the floral background-it makes the patches pop out more with the black border.
Maybe it looks different in real life.