"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Not much sewing going on here.

I've lost my mojo at the moment. My hands ache almost all the time, and stitching gets harder and slower. As does typing on the computer. I've taken up Tai Chi with a friend, as it is said to be good for people with arthritis, although I don't know if it will help my hands. The other thing that isn't helping is my old computer and ME operating system. I'm finding that I can't open up more and more websites, including some of my favourite blogs, because their upmarket systems don't recognise mine any more. So, for anyone on my sidebar here who thinks I have deserted them, I haven't. I see a bit of your blogs, then my pc just freezes, and I can't leave comments. I guess the day is coming when I'll have to give in and upgrade my computer. Sigh....So lately I've been spending more time reading than stitching or blogging. I've done a bit on the Sailing Ship commission, as that is only back stitch, and I've got it on a frame, so it isn't so hard on my hands.
We spent a couple of days in Sydney last week, and Ken's cousin looked after our house, so I stitched up a fridge magnet to say 'thank you'. Cousin doesn't tell anybody her age, so I'm hoping she'll appreciate the sentiments here!

5 comments:

Jane said...

What a pretty fridge magnet, hope she liked it. Such a shame about your hands, reading sounds like a good alternative. Nothing better than a good book

Irene ~ RE~VINTAGED said...

You and I could have fun with each others collections by the look of it!!
Lovely to have you drop by :)
Keep in touch!

sheilasanderson said...

Sorry to hear about your hands, know what it is like, as at the moment have "Plantar fascitis" spelling? heel pain and going to Quilt Festival in the other Houston next week, have Scholl gel insoles and it is a great help, so hope they don't cause problems at airport security!!!!!!!! Hope your hands improve & you can get back to sewing soon

Sharon said...

You poor thing... There doesn't seem to be much fun to be had anywhere at the moment... Hope things improve... Val was suggesting a get together - perhaps one Saturday afternoon... Take care now. S xx

Annie said...

These bodies (and computers) can be so annoying! Maybe a little break from all that sewing and stitching will rejuvenate you. Super-cute and appropriate fridgie sentiment!