"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Crazy Patchwork dressing gown

LeeAnn works for an opshop in country Victoria, and she was telling me about a dressing gown that was brought in to the shop last week, as part of an estate from an old lady who is now in residential care. When she described it, I had a pretty good idea what it would be like, so I asked if she could hold it for me, and I would transfer payment into her account as soon as she let me know how much it would cost. She warned me it might be about $45, and I said "Oh that's fine!" On Tuesday, she called me to say the manager had put $95 on it, and I said "That is still okay by me!"
LeeAnn had Friday off work, so she drove down to Melbourne just to bring it over to me, and it was everything I thought it would be. She said her boss told her if they sent it to one of the Melbourne inner suburban Salvos opshops, they would probably price it at $200 - $300. I would still have paid that much (by extracting an extra payment from my super.income stream!). Would you pay hundreds of dollars for this? Me showing the front. Leeann showing the back. Close up.

5 comments:

Jane said...

Just think of all the hours that went into making that, a real labour of love

Sharon said...

Well G if you decided to sell it I'm sure you would get your money back again - probably double!!!

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Gina, that is gorgeous ... is all the feather stitch hand stitched or machine stitched ... doesn't matter, it's very detailed, and lots of work has gone into it.

Catherine said...

That is beautiful! Well worth the price.

woof nanny said...

wow--like stained glass