"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Waverley Patchworkers Quilt Show

Today, Sharon and I attended this fabulous quilt show. For me it was as good as any of the major international quilt shows, albeit on a smaller scale. I have created a temporary blog to show the (nearly) 50 photos I took, as any of you who love quilts will enjoy seeing them, I am sure. Here is the link.
Sadly for my bank account, the show had an extra room where a number of retail shops had stalls set up to sell all kinds of quilting and patchwork stuff. Here is what I purchased: Fat quarter of cute Geisha girls fabric.
One metre length of this stunning fabric...I have only a faint idea of what I will do with this, but I can assure you I won't be cutting it up! I'm thinking of embellishing it, and making it into a wall panel. Even this close up does not do it justice.
Ever since I borrowed a book on Sashiko stitching from our library, I have been looking for the right fabric to do some. I was thinking of settling for dark blue homespun, but today I found a length of the genuine Japanese Indigo fabric!
This gorgeous little Kokeshi doll button was the last one in the display box, and there was a disgruntled lady standing behind me, obviously hoping I would change my mind about buying it. Sorry, dear - this one is mine!
My right hand index finger is almost permanently numb with all the applique I've been doing lately. I can't bear plastic or metal thimbles, so when I heard about these alternative pigskin thimbles, I kept an eye out for one today.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

You did well! The fabrics are beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Julia said...

Love the fabrics Gina...great choice.I'll pop over and see the quilts.
Julia ♥