"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Sunday, April 25, 2010

ANZAC Day, 25th April.

I recently visited The Shrine Of Remembrance in Melbourne, to view their current exhibition "Threads Of Connection", and I thought today was an appropriate day to post some of the photos I took. I've only given details of what I know from the display notes. All of them were handmade, and several were done by servicemen. Two of the WW1 embroidered postcards in this display are from my own collection.
Quilt embroidered with the names of servicemen and women, I think.
These two crocheted cloths were rescued from a council rubbish tip...

1 comment:

Linens and Royals said...

What a wonderful exhibition, hope it comes near here one day. Where did you find your WW1 postcards?
Sad to think what treasures can end up at the tip.