"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Radical Cross Stitch

I am still chuckling over a website I've just discovered while visiting a blog of a lady who is new to cross stitch. I'm not going to give her details here, but the cause of my amusement is what she wrote after doing her very first cross stitch - a simple kit from a shop. She says that the next projects she wants to do are Radical Cross Stitch patterns. I've seen some of these books at craft fairs, and I almost wet myself laughing standing at the bookshelves! Before you click on the links I should warn you that some people will find the patterns offensive, so if you are not VERY broadminded, don't go there! This is a quote from the website: For those of you who don’t know what cross stitch is the best place to start is the wiki page. You could try places like crossstitch.com but there’s way too many fluffy bunnies and home sweet homes over there you’ll probably start retching like I did..

2 comments:

Sherri said...

Hilarious! Thanks for the link.

Annie said...

And don't forget
http://www.subversivecrossstitch.com/ Even more offensive.