"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Saturday, November 07, 2009

Oddments.

My Teapots Robin. I have sewn a narrow border, followed by a wider border with teacups fabric. I will then used a an offwhite homespun as the backing and for binding. My darling friend Sharon bought this for me as an RAK, knowing how much I love owls. I asked Jude, my patchwork teacher, what she would do with this, and she said Trapunto. Any guesses about that? I found this at an op shop for $3. I've seen this pattern in books and often thought I'd like to stitch it. Well, I don't have to do it myself now. Done and nicely framed, just for me! LOL, not really..

2 comments:

Jane said...

Love what you have done with the teapots, and so quickly too

Joy V said...

Trapunto would look good with the owl, especially around the moon. This is another technique to learn and enjoy!!!!!!