"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Two small completions tonight.

These two are for Stitchin' Fingers swaps: A fabric postcard for Joy's birthday this month. This one incorporates a piece of a necktie - the brightly coloured bit. The other plain and small floral bits are scraps of fabric I had in a bag. Please note my newly acquired skill with Cretan stitch - not yet perfect, but at least it is recognisable! (If you still can't pick it, they are the dark blue and the light green seam embellishment stitches. The red seam embellishment stitch is detached chain stitch.) and my ATC for the July swap in the ATC Group. The theme was 'Purple - passionately purple!" so I gave this all I had. Every scrap from my stash of anything purple is in this ATC. I hope Sheila in Scotland isn't overpowered by it!!

5 comments:

Jane said...

The ATC is gorgeous. Amazing the effect you can get just using one colour

Aussie Stitcher said...

They both look great Gina, well done with the Cretan stitch. MMMMM some new stash, I love new stash.

Marie Reed said...

I just adore fabric postcards!

Joy V said...

Funny thing Gina I have the same postcard on my blog!!!!! Love the card and you did a beautiful job with the Cretan stitch. One I haven't tried yet.

Sherri said...

They're both beautiful (as always)!