"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Saturday, May 02, 2009

My first Biscornu finished, and Tansy's round robin.

I finished my Biscornu today - YAAAAY!!! Just love these little thingies, and now that I know how easy they are to do (fiddly, but not difficult, for those of you who still haven't made one), I've got more in the pipeline. Being my first attempt, I used 14ct Aida and a very simple design. Next time I'll go for 28 ct. or evenweave, and might attempt a blackwork design. But not just yet. My next project has a deadline of the end of May: the Round Robin I am in on Stitchin' Fingers. The picture below is of the piece I have to work on, and it belongs to Tansy in Kentucky. I was blown away when I saw her work!!! One strand over one thread of 28ct! I have already apologised for not being able to match her standard, as I don't think my eyes could see well enough to do that, even under a magnifyer. But I have worked 2 over 2 on 28ct, so I'm confident that my bit on her RR will be okay.

2 comments:

MargB said...

Both are beautiful Gina. Aren't biscornu tactile shapes? I keep wanting to pick them up just to hold in my palm.

Gina E. said...

I do that too, Marg. I just love the look of a heap of them all tumbled over each other in a little basket or tray.