"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Monday, March 09, 2009

My current projects.

You'd never think this is a Lyrebird, would you? Well, it will be, when it's finished. Assisi work for a friend's 60th birthday.
This is a rooster and one chick. The unfinished bit on the left will be the hen and another chick. I started this because it is something easy that I can pick up when I want to work on something without concentrating too much.
This is the block for a postcard which replaces one that was lost in the mail. I need to finish this very soon!!
My elderly Japanese friend loves to see what I am working on, so I thought I would surprise her on my next visit, by showing her this, then telling her I'm doing it for her. I used fabrics with Japanese designs.
************************************************* Needless to say, this is not my work. My friend Louise found it in an opshop and thougtht I would like it in my collection. She thought right, LOL!

2 comments:

Jane said...

You have some lovely projects in progress, can just see the beginnings of the ladybird

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

They all look so pretty. I know how it is to have several unfinished projects. Your Japanese friend will be so delighted to see what you are making for her! blessings,Kathleen