"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Monday, February 16, 2009

Fabric postcards and ATCs.

I was running late for my Yahoo postcard exchange, so yesterday being Sunday, the day of rest, I decided to spend the afternoon making my postcard. MIL sat with me at the kitchen table, reading a book and looking up now and then to see how I was going. I was really pleased with myself to finish it - just goes to show what you can do if you put your mind to it. For once, Ken had his own agenda, doing small maintenance jobs around the house which he'd been putting off because it was just too hot over the past few weeks. So he wasn't pestering me for food and drinks, or wanting to go somewhere! I'm not making any apologies about the unfinished look here - I ran out of green thread on my needle at the bottom right hand corner, and didn't have time to re-thread and finish it. I might do that before I post it. And the edges look a bit frayed - so? I'll trim them!
This postcard and the two ATCs were sent to me by Susan Lantz, the lady who organised the Cyber Fibre exhibition I mentioned some time ago. I was very surprised to receive these from her, as we'd had a misunderstanding, and I sent her a rude email because she hadn't responded to my emails! But once she'd explained her position, I apologised profusely, and thought that was the end of the matter. Then these arrived!!! Thank you very much Susan - you are a very generous spirited lady.

2 comments:

Jane said...

Love the ATC, the fabric matches the colours in the feathers. Hoping to make an ATC today, if I ever get there!

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Love all of it....especially that rooster! blessings,Kathleen