"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

No time to blog!

Just a quick post here to let you know that I'm still around, but haven't had time to post anything much to my blogs. I gave my friend the cross stitched cottage for her 50th birthday last week and she was delighted with it - so much so that she ran around the room showing it to everyone who was at her party! I decided to use the temporary frame I'd had it in, as I couldn't find anything that suited it better than that, and L. said she was happy with it. At the moment I'm busy stitching some Christmas cards for special friends, as well as trying to finish two fabric postcards due out this month, and one or two fabric ATCs...'a stitcher's work is never done' - to re-phrase an old saying! At the EGV today, my colleague W. said she'd been having a clean-up of her linens, and gave me a bag containing aprons, tablecloths, doilies, etc. - some worked, some not. I was delighted of course, and pleased to know this lady thinks enough of me to give her linens to me. But as she said, she knows they're going to a home where they are appreciated. When I've freshened everything up, I'll post photos. But don't hold your breath - between now and Christmas...well, I'm sure you know what it's like.

3 comments:

Jane said...

I am so pleased your friend liked her picture. I'd be delighted to receive a gift like that. Look forward to seeing the linen whenever the pictures appear

Aussie Stitcher said...

The cottage turned out lovely, it is sure to be cherished by your friend.

Jeanette said...

gday Gina,, im Sure your friend would be thrilled with your cross stitched picture its truly beautiful.
and I must thank you for your personlized beautifully stitched Xmas card was thrilled to recieve it.. love Jen