"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

I'm behind with my stitching!

But I managed to finish two little Christmas cards for some blog friends. We had a Bloggers Christmas lunch here yesterday - just six of us, and I had intended to stitch a card for each of my five guests. But, time got away from me as usual and I only finished two, one of which I forgot to scan before I gave it away! (But I'm sure my friend will do that and email a pic back to me...) Here is the other one: Stitched on 18ct silver lurex Aida with two strands DMC floss. It is only tiny, but Val loved it, and couldn't believe it was actually cross stitch! I'm cursing myself for not starting these a month ago, but I do it every year - leave things to the last minute and end up not achieving my goal. I'm okay with cards and gifts - that's all done by December 1st, but embroidered cards and gifts? Where do I get the idea I'm a fast stitcher?!

No comments: