"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Update on my bits and pieces.

The MOTH and I have been stuck indoors for three days, due to the weather (cold and wet) and both of us having caught a cold. Neither of us went to work yesterday or today, and while he stayed in bed most of the time (sensibly), I wasn't sick enough to do that, so life went on as usual - washing, ironing, cooking and stitching. Here is what I've been doing: Added a few more examples of Fly Stitch to my TAST sampler. I'm not 100% satisfied with my efforts, but it is a great learning process for me. I think I'm doing okay, then I look at the other girls' TAST samplers and realise I've got a long way to go! But hey, I can live with that.
Added some more embellishing stitches to The Chook. The reason I'm doing them on here is to see how they look before I stitch them on to my Teacup CQ block below: ...to which I have added some beads and a row of pink rick rack since I last posted a photo of it. I'm not happy about that teapot button. I want to have it on here somewhere, but it looks a bit lonely stuck there all by itself. Guess I'll remove it and save it until I've put more things on the block, then have another look. Any suggestions from you CQ experts out there?
Finally, I've been doing some more on my friend's 50th birthday pressie. She doesn't read blogs, so I can safely put this on here...I hope! This is a picture of the finished picture in the book I am working from: Nearly forgot to tell you - I've added another apron to my collection. You can see it here.

3 comments:

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Gina, hi! I came here by a link to the comment you made on my blog and was surprised you are also Patra's embroidered aprons. I did not know about this beautiful blog! I am going to put a link to it on my favorites, if that is ok with you. {: I have always wanted to start a crazy quilt because of the embroidery, but have not been brave enough yet. Yours is looking beautiful! I know what you mean by the rose shading taking two weeks. It is time comsuming. It took 9 months for me to finish the tablecloth, however, that was not straight work, due to every thing else I was doing. Don't give up, however, when you finish the cloth, you will love it! Thanks for stopping by. Blessings, Kathleen

Maggie Ann said...

Good for you...accomplishing so many beautiful things! I like it all.

Kucki68 said...

Love the butterfly picture!