"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Today's stitching.

One of the many benefits of going to a craft show is that it gets you all excited and inspired. I'll never reach the standard of some of the work displayed, but that is not an issue with me. I am happy to admire it, then go home and play with my own work. I downloaded a cute freebie design recently which I thought would be an ideal pattern for variegated threads. I have heaps of those, but can never find the right project for them. I dug out this dark purple Aida from my stash, as well as the variegated threads, and had a little play. Ken said "It's dark, isn't it?" Yes dear, that colour purple is dark. That's why I've used light coloured threads. Ho hum.

This little piece is just about finished. The white background and some back stitching, and it's ready to be sent off overseas. Just hope the recipient isn't looking. It should be a surprise, but those of you who read my blogs regularly, know how impatient I am to put things on here. Naturally there will be another photo here when I've finished stitching and mounted it in a card, but I just have to show it NOW!

No comments: