"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Thursday, July 10, 2008

And the rest...

This is about 10% of the project I am doing for a friend's 50th in November...I'd probably be half finished by now if I hadn't got involved with the online embroidery lessons!
I've only done a bit on my CQ - blanket stitch in green thread, and herringbone stitch in burgundy. After I took this photo tonight, I did some detached chain work in pink thread.

And just for a change: I found this gorgeous pincushion at an opshop yesterday, for 80c...yes, eighty cents!!! Who could bear to part with this little gem and see it sold for a few cents, after all that work??

1 comment:

Lelia said...

lovely find for 80 cents! I know what you mean. My Mom gave me some crochet doilies. Then she explained how they were made by the Aunt of one of her girlfriends. I just looked at my Mom - and we both knew, the family didn't want them.

So, I enjoy them! I haven't been able to catch on to crochet & admire those who make these delicate things.