"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Pretty doilies given to me yesterday.

A stitching friend came to visit yesterday, and we spent most of the morning talking instead of stitching, but never mind, sometimes people just need to unload, and that's more important for peace of mind than sewing, which can be picked up later in the day. My friend presented me with these doilies which she had found in an opshop. She had given them the Napisan treatment, so they are in pristine condition! I am touched that in spite of having so much else on her mind at the moment, she still thought of me when she saw these and bought them. My friends are GOOD FRIENDS indeed.

*********************************************************************************** This isn't worth starting another post for, so I'll just tack it at the end here. This is where I am up to with my Stitch sampler. A bit more Chevron stitching done since the last photo I posted of this (and yes, there are more mistakes but I am not going to waste time fixing this as it is only a work in progress), and some Algerian Eye stitches at the bottom. (I think they are called Algerian Eye...funny name!)

1 comment:

Jane said...

I like the butterfly Gina, I'm still doing mine, hope to finish it later this evening. What a beautiful gift though, really pretty