"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Thursday, May 22, 2008

New doilies!!

I received these lovely doilies in the mail today, from Robyn, whose new blog I added to my sidebar just a few weeks ago. She had the cottage doilies on her blog for sale, and when I offered to buy them, she mentioned the crinoline lady doiley that her Mum wanted to sell, and asked if I wanted it. She didn't have to ask twice! Thank you Robyn - love all three of them!
This blog has been very quiet lately, as I have deliberately NOT been checking eBay for linens, and no op-shops these days seem to have anything worth buying. But I made a fatal mistake tonight...I looked at eBay. Only for a minute, mind you! An hour later, I'd put about 20 items on my Watch list. Really shouldn't have done that; I might be tempted to buy something/all of them. Oh well, I feel like indulging myself a little. Now that I'm 60, I am able to access my superannuation, and have arranged to have a monthly payment into our bank account, to 'top up' my wage, which is meagre because I only work part time. So, a small spend-up now and then on my collection (which is really an investment after all, don't you think?) can be tolerated.

2 comments:

Crazee4books said...

Hi Gina,

I'm on holidays this week. I have had lots of time to be on the computer. I've been buzzing around Ebay. I've bid on some DVDs, and some x-stitch charts. I think I may have gotten a wee bit carried away.

What if I win all the items that I bid on?? Surely not? Oh well. It's so easy to get carried away with Ebay and not even realize it.

For Mothers Day here two weeks ago we got my Mom two Andre Rieu CDs, and she's thrilled with them. Thought of you when I was getting them for her.

The latest additions to your doily collection are lovely. Love the wheat sheaves on the two cottage ones. And those crinoline ladies designs are so pretty.

Cheers!

Gina E. said...

Hi Judy,
I had to laugh at you asking what if you win all the items you bid on - I've sometimes scared myself with the same question!! Glad to hear your Mom was happy with the Andre DVDs. He really does bring so much joy to so many people.