"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Sunday, May 06, 2007

It's been so quiet here lately.

I was wondering the other day as I often do, where the hell does my time go? I work three days a week (and not all day) and the other two days are usually taken up running messages that can't be done on the weekends, catching up with friends, doing my volunteer visits, and so on. Stitching? Haven't done much for ages until today, and I spent a satisfactory hour on my Indian Chief. I didn't bother photographing it, as I doubt if anyone reading this blog would notice a difference from the last photo I posted here. The only other item I've been stitching occasionally is a black cat on a doiley. It was given to me with about one quarter worked, and it is so cute, I keep it on hand to take with me when I'm expecting to have some spare time, waiting for a doctor, etc. But again, not worth photographing until it is nearly finished, and that is a few months off at least.
Because we are trying to keep our spending under control, I haven't been bidding on eBay much lately. And if I do get sucked in, I don't get carried away in a bidding war any more. If an item goes beyond $20, I let it go, no matter how much I want it - can't have everything! I have a couple of nice old doilies coming in the mail shortly; they were both under $20! So once they arrive, I'll scan them and post them here.

No comments: