"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Sweet gift from a thoughtful friend.

I finally caught up with Sharon on Friday. It was great to spend time with her again, as since she started work full time, we don't get the opportunity to sit and stitch together these days. She gave me this gorgeous little doiley for my collection, as well as a cute brooch with kittens on it. I would have included it in this scan, but being so small, it may not have been clear enough to see here. Sharon has said goodbye to blogging for the time being. She will be missed by her many blog friends, who I am sure are all hoping that one day she will have the time and the inclination to take it up again. In the meantime, all the best my friend - look forward to seeing you guys again soon!

5 comments:

Julia said...

Thank you for the comment you left on my blog...

Another beautiful crinoline lady to add to your collection, I just love them all...

Nia said...

Isn't she sweet - that looks like a rayon type thread on the edging - shiny? Is it?

Your collection must be almost overtaking your home now :)

Gina E. said...

Hi Ribbonwiz and Tannia, thanks for visiting. The crocheted edge on the doiley is just crochet cotton, I think. Not being an expert on crochet threads, I guess it could be anything! My collection is limited to one room in our house...but that one room is bursting at the seams!

Chelle said...

This is a beauty! Love the purple.

Maggie Ann said...

How interesting, that they shaped the doiley around the crinloline lady. So very dainty!