"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Lots of goodies arriving from Blogger Friends!

In the last month or so, I have been receiving some lovely surprises in the mail from some of my Internet friends, and tonight I decided to get down to business and scan as much as possible to show off what I have. There was one item I couldn't scan because I ate it....Yes - you read it right, and that is not a typing error! Ashleigh from Holland sent me a piece of her Christmas cake after I sent her some of mine. It arrived today and I had it with my cuppa tonight after dinner. Ash, it was delicious! Thank you so much, that was fun. Ken was watching me and said "Isn't it stale, coming all that way around the world?" Men...
OK, let's have a picture show. Firstly, Amy (who was here in Oz last year) sent me a parcel of lovely things in return for a parcel of Tim Tams and other Aussie chocolate delights I had sent her. She sent some gorgeous hand embroidered runners, a dozen embroidered handkies, some lace hearts, and three magazines including a copy of Sampler & Antique Needlework Quarterly pictured here. I have been after a copy of this since I've seen them mentioned on some American blogs - you can't buy them here (not that I'm aware of anyway). Thanks again, Amy!
Pam Kellogg and I have been doing a deal with magazines too. She loves one of our Aussie craft magazines, so I sent her a few of them last year, and have some more to mail off shortly. In return she has sent me several Christmas themed cross stitch mags, this lovely "Happy Holidays In Cross Stitch" book, as well as the new Zweigart magazine "At Home With Needlework". I haven't seen any of them here either, so I am tickled pink to be getting them, as the Zweigart mags in particular are simply stunning, as well featuring many of Pam's own designs! Thanks again to you too, Pam!

1 comment:

Ashleigh said...

So glad you received, and enjoyed the cake! :)