"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Round robins and UFOs.

Been busy this week, with not much time to post on my blogs. The coming week looks just as busy, with a family get-to-gether at our place tomorrow (Sunday) with a dozen or more people expected. Work all day Monday, and on Tuesday morning. In the afternoon I will be visiting a new Do Care client for the first time. Wednesday will find me at the Melbourne Museum with friends from eBay, looking at the Crinoline Lady collection. Not sure what is on Thursday, but there is something scratched in the diary...and back to work on Friday.
In my spare moments, I have heaps of stitching to be done - mostly with deadlines at the end of November or early December! So I may not be posting here every day. But here are some pictures to add colour to Patra's Place: Melissa's Round Robin is the last one I have to stitch on, before my own Robin 'comes home'. All five girls in this group are very excited about this RR, as it has gone so well. Nobody has dropped out, or lost anything, the postal service has worked exceptionally well between USA, Germany and Australia, and we look like finishing ahead of the scheduled time. For some of the girls, it was the first RR they have participated in, so they are eager to get another one going next year. I have been nominated to organise it, so I am hoping the same five girls will participate, as they have proved themselves so reliable.
The crinoline lady pattern is stamped on a child-size calico apron. This was ex eBay, and did not cost much at all, much to my surprise - these items are usually snapped up by one of several regular eBayers who like to stitch vintage patterns and fabrics. I like to think that because it is relatively small and uncomplicated, I will whip it up in an hour or so...yeah, pigs might fly too - backwards..

5 comments:

Pamela Kellogg said...

Oh Gina, everything is so cute! But that bonnet lady is really something!

Can you take pictures at the museum?
I would love to see some of the crinoline lady collection!

Gina E. said...

Yes Pam, I can take photos at the museum. I bought a film for my camera last week with the intention of taking some family shots today, but forgot all about it! So I will have the film available for the museum.

Anne S said...

The RR's are great - I'm thinking of joining my first one in 2006, and looking forward to it ... I look forward to seeing piccies with progress later :)

Chelle said...

Thanks for sharing the RR pics Gina. I love to hear of RRs going well - a good RR is a wonderful thing! Keep the pictures coming, I really enjoy them!

Maggie Ann said...

Sounds like alot of fun!