"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Today's mail brought these:

A beautiful placemat/doiley from Ms Robyn. I sent a copy of a craft pattern to her, and included some pretty vintage style wrapping paper that I thought she might be able to use in her lovely collage projects. This doiley was to say thank you. Well, thank YOU Ms Robyn! I am so happy to add it to my collection of crinoline ladies, as I don't have one quite like it in my collection. It is almost redwork, but not strictly speaking, as the floss used is actually two colours very much alike.
The second item in my mail was my bi-monthly "Post Script" magazine from the Calligraphy Society of Victoria. The magazine is a glossy publication with interesting and educational articles and photos, and the envelopes are hand done by a group of members of the Society. I have been a member for a few years now, and have saved every envelope that I have received, as they are done by a different person each time, so the script is completely different on each envelope. They are all works of art in their own way, but this is one of the best ones I have ever had, so I decided it was worth featuring on my blog. If there are any expressions of interest, I will scan more and put them on from time to time, but from now on I'll put them on Patra's Other Place, along with my Yesterday's Ladies pictures - reminding everyone that I am TRYING to keep this blog for embroidery!!

2 comments:

Pamela Kellogg said...

OH Gina! You always have the most interesting things on your blog! I'm particularly taken by the redwork piece. Just beautiful. Now methinks, I need to do some redwork!

Gina E. said...

I'll look forward to seeing that, Pam! I have sometimes wondered how our Aunt Marth tranfers would look if they were done as Redwork, or any other colour for that matter. They look so pretty in many colours, but the outlines in one colour might look okay too.