"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Picasa not working...

Darn it. I tried using Blogger instead, but couldn't get that to work either. Oh well, piccies will just have to wait. In the meantime, I may as well describe what I found in a little opshop tucked away in Diamond Creek, an outer suburb of Melbourne. They rarely have any linen of the sort that I collect, so I headed out the back of the shop to check out their huge range of books. Nothing there either, so I had a quick browse through their kitchen etc. paraphernalia. They seem to get a lot of tins for some reason, and I usually only give these a cursory glance. But today, I spotted three simply gorgeous 'vintage' style tins, and a dear little wooden box, about 10cm x 8 cm, with a hand painted lid featuring a teapot and teacup. It looks to be quite old, although the sceptical MOTH declared it was made to look old, but probably not old at all. I disagree, but whatever the truth, it is so charming, I had to have it, as well as the tins. I have scanned the box and the smallest tin, but the others are a bit bulky to go under the scanner's lid, so a description will have to suffice. The tin I scanned has three vintage lady paintings around the side. Then there is a Cadbury Cocoa tin with two reproductions of early adverts. on the side. Finally a very unusual box shaped tin with the Coca-Cola trademark, and three reproductions of early adverts for Coke. When I first spotted these, my first thought was to include one or more of them in my next vintage swap, but the more I look at them the more I like them, so I don't know if I can part with them now! I probably will, since the MOTH rolled his eyes when I showed him and sighed "Tins now, as well as linen..." :-(

3 comments:

Maggie Ann said...

Can't our men put a damper on life sometimes!! Good thing we women can stick together. The tins sound like a wonderful 'find'. Looking forward to seeing pics. I can't post any pictures this a.m. either. Frustrating.

Anne S said...

Sounds like you've been finding some great bargains of late :) I got fed up with Blogger piccies last night too - ended up getting my last WIP photo done by photobucket ... just copied the "img" file details into my comments area, and it worked like a treat! I'm quite impressed how easy it was :-))

woof nanny said...

Picassa is so frustrating! I like it better than other options though.