"It takes ages to finish a quilt you're not working on!"

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Some more "Eye Candy"!

Here we are as promised: pics of my latest linen finds. All but the cameo doiley were from one opshop, and were the most ridiculous prices. That is, ridiculously low! The suppercloth was $6.50, the whitework runner $5.50, and the three centrepieces $4.50 each. They are all absolutely beautiful, done by an expert stitcher, whose heart would break I am sure, to think her hard work had ended up in an opportunity shop for a few dollars.
The cameo doiley of the crinoline lady was an eBay win - $10. It is impossible to see on here just how fine the embroidery on this little doiley is - I doubt if I could do as good, even with my magnifying glass!
I scanned my new mousemat tonight too, but have put that pic on Patra's Other Place, as it is a bit risque, so rather than offend the nice ladies who frequent this blog, you can choose whether or not to pop over and have a look...got you curious? Go on, it's not really THAT bad... ;-)

2 comments:

Peggy said...

You find the neatest things at the op shops! Wish I lived near you so I could tag along!

Maggie Ann said...

Opportunity shop....I like that. Isn't it fun to win a bid on eBay. My daughter and I enjoy bidding.